Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Newest JM Article!



HOT OFF THE PRESS!!!







Beaders like me love working with glass beads. They are affordable and easy to find. Plus they can make up some beautiful jewelry. I for one love working with glass beads.

I was excited to get this book because it is not out on the shelves yet. March 2009 is the time it will be out.

Beadwork magazines' editor-in-chief and co-host of PBS's Beads, Baubles and Jewels, Marlene Blessing and jewelry designer, Jamie Hagsett come together to make beautiful and unique works of art that use glass beads to make them shine.

Create Jewelry Glass is just another great addition to the Create Jewelry Series.

Their book is divided into three sections; Classic, Special-Occasion and Fashion-Forward. In which they provide you with 21 awesome projects that can be made by a novice or a beginner beader.

They project in this book are just stunning. The very first project , "Africa Calls", is just beautiful. I want to stop right now and go make it! It combines simple stringing techniques with beadweaving. And the colors are bright and fun. African Trade beads are not always uniform in size, which makes this piece a true original.

One of the great things about this book, which I thought makes it different is how they put in the "did you know" pages in between projects. This is a very interesting part of this book that I had not expected. I loved that part!

The bracelet in the Special-Occasions section called "Starflowers", is something I haven't really seen done before. Using the glass daggers makes the piece stand out, yet delicate enough to wear to a formal occasion.

In the third sections, Fashion-Forward; The Rhumba bracelet I would have to say is my favorite because I love brightly colored lampwork beads. It's beautiful bright colored lampwork beads and peyote stitched seed-bead discs make this just pop on your wrist. It's really an up lifting piece.

Throughout this book there are little bits of information they call, "Tiny Gems". Here is an example from the book.
Quote:

"Uranium glass, typically yellow or yellowish green in color originated in the early nineteenth century. It's distinctive color derived from uranium oxide." These tiny gems are all through this book.

I give this book my full recommendation. And if you love to make jewelry with glass beads....do go and pick up this book in March 2009.

No comments:

My Blog List














powered by free-ebooks.net


Come and See! Opening Soon!

Powered By Blogger

Slideshow